cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
NicoCronis
Level: Powered On

People Field is SP List

Hi wonderful people, I have tried a number of different community suggestions on this but just can't seem to get it to work.

I have a form that I want to populate a people field called 'Requester' with the information of the person who submits the form. I can make it populate the user into a text column of the SP field but the possibility exists where two people have the same name that I might run into issues.

Does anyone have a sure fire way to populate the people field in the SharePoint list based on the user who is using the powerapp?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: People Field is SP List

@NicoCronis 

Not sure if this first part is helpful for you, but you might want to just consider using the already existing Created column.  It has all the user information for the person that created the SharePoint list item automatically.  You don't need to have another column to keep that information.

However...If for some reason the existing Created column doesn't serve your needs, then you can update your Column with a formula.  Your post mentions you "have a form", so I am going to assume that you have a form with a DataCard for the "Requester".  So in this case, you can change the Update Property of the DataCard to the following formula:

{ 
  '@odata.type':"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedUser", 
  Claims:"i:0#.f|membership|" & Lower(User().Email), 
  Department:"", 
DisplayName:User().Email,   Email:User().Email,   JobTitle:".",   Picture:"." }

I hope that is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

@NicoCronis 

Not sure if this first part is helpful for you, but you might want to just consider using the already existing Created column.  It has all the user information for the person that created the SharePoint list item automatically.  You don't need to have another column to keep that information.

However...If for some reason the existing Created column doesn't serve your needs, then you can update your Column with a formula.  Your post mentions you "have a form", so I am going to assume that you have a form with a DataCard for the "Requester".  So in this case, you can change the Update Property of the DataCard to the following formula:

{ 
  '@odata.type':"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedUser", 
  Claims:"i:0#.f|membership|" & Lower(User().Email), 
  Department:"", 
DisplayName:User().Email,   Email:User().Email,   JobTitle:".",   Picture:"." }

I hope that is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

NicoCronis
Level: Powered On

I feel like a silly person. I have been messing around for multiple days to do this. As soon as I added the Creted By column as visible to the SP list all the info i wanted was there.

THanks for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,749)