cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Re: People Picker filter not working in a sudden

great new @dinusc! A few days is better then a couple of weeks. Good to know when a critcal issue is introduced that it will be addressed quickly. 

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

I am having same problem. An App that I already has works perfect...all I did was Save As and put as a different name and then the people field will not populate. On both View and Edit forms!

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Mine just starting today...it seems to be going in waves like the updates do. I took an app that worked fine and just saved it as a different name and now my combo box people picker doesn't work!..ugh

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

To track the status of the error you can go to our support page: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

We'll be updating it as the fix begins to roll out. We will also respond to this thread once the issue is resolved.

Also if you're using SharePoint, a temporary fix is to set the user column to people and groups.

Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 12.30.17 PM.png

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

The fix has been deployed. If you have already published an app with the bug, you will have to open the app in PowerApps Studio and re-publish to get the fix. We apologize for the inconvenience and are reviewing how we can prevent similar incidents from happening in future.

Please let me know if you still are having problems with this issue.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

In the app I had this issue with last week I was modifying and it had 2 forms. One basic for registration of new items (1 person/group field) and one more extensive for editing all details in the list item. The more extensive have same person/group field as in the basic form, and then an additional person group field that was working fine.

The person/group field that gave me trouble last week is present in both forms, and it were not searching both places. I suspected that having the same person/group field present in 2 separate forms, in the same app, was an issue.

I did some google searches that brought me here.
I did not see an abius way to change the person field control from a combox to something else. This is something I really want to do, because I do not like the drop down combox feature for person fields. But I did not find a way to change the control, so I never tested that. I also changed the combox properties that was E-mail to Display name, and that might have worked but it listed full name 2 times when searching.. 

I have experienced this issue in the past, and I always assumed I have done something wrong. My old fix was to remove the person/group field and add it again. So when I did this as the last change on the app before I saved, tested and published. And they still working today.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,794)