cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HubbardInc
Helper III
Helper III

People Picker in PowerApps not returning data to SP List

I have a SP list, "On-Call Switch Request-BETA" and one of the fields is a person choice field that I would select someone from the office 365 directory to put in this field. In power apps, this field shows up as a Choices field. When I submit a form, I get all of the details, however my record of the person I picked in the powerapp doesn't stay there in the SP list entry.

2021-10-12 13_58_40-DWH Portal - Power Apps.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
mandelbrot3000
Regular Visitor

Hi,

did you set the sharepoint column to type "person"?

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@HubbardInc 

If you are using Office 365 as the user record source of the Combobox, then you will need to convert to a SharePoint user record in your Update property of the datacard.

User records in 365 are different than in SharePoint and you cannot use a 365 record for SharePoint.

Your Update Property should be something similar to the following:

{ 
   Claims:"i:0#.f|membership|" & Lower(yourCombobox.Selected.Email), 
   Department:"", 
   DisplayName: yourCombobox.Selected.FullName, 
   Email: yourCombobox.Selected.Email, 
   JobTitle: "", 
   Picture: ""
}

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

I have tried your formula based on the screenshot below. Something is still off.

2021-10-12 14_30_40-Power Apps.jpg

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@HubbardInc 

What is the error? Please hover over the red x or view the formula with the error and click in the formula to get the error.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

I was using "DataCard356.Selected.Email" instead of "DataCardValue356.Selected.Email" and that part now works, there is no error. However, it is still blank in my SP list record.

2021-10-12 14_38_02-Human Resources - On Call Switch Request-BETA - All Items.jpg2021-10-12 14_37_45-Change Column.jpg

This is my formula...

{ Claims:"i:0#.f|membership|" & Lower(DataCardValue356.Selected.Email),
Department:"",
DisplayName: DataCardValue356.Selected.DisplayName,
Email: DataCardValue356.Selected.Email,
JobTitle: "",
Picture: ""
}

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@HubbardInc 

Formula looks good.

What is the Formula on the Items property of DataCardValue356 ?

Choices([@'On Call Switch Request-BETA'].approvingEmployee)

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@HubbardInc 

Ah, so then you are NOT using the Office 365 directory as you first stated.  You are actually using SharePoint users already.  In that case, your update property should just be : DataCardValue356.Selected

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,869)