cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martinav
Super User
Super User

People Picker searches and Delegation problem

I have had a lot of success eliminating the delegation issue with many of my statements.  There is one that perplexes me a little.  Well, I suppose I dont need to know the reason, but people picker fields used in searches dont seem to be delegation friendly.  I would like to understand a little of the consequences of this.  My question, if there is a delegation issue with a statement, is the ENTIRE thing subject to my 500 (default) record limit?  Or, is there some limit with regards to the number of people in the database?  

Statement:

Filter('Engineering Change Notice', Engineer.DisplayName=User().FullName, ECN_Status_PowerApps_Value<=3 || ECN_Status_PowerApps_Value=99), "ECN_Status_PowerApps_Value", Descending, "Part_x0020_Number", Ascending))

I'm guessing, as written, this limits these seach to the first 500 items in 'Engineering Change Notice'?

All that is marked blue is this:

image.png

My hope is that the delegation issue does not affect record limit to 'Engineering Change Notice'.  I guess I would like to know the specific consequences here.

I am also thinking... if I nest the people picker filter outside of the other filter, will that allow all items to be searched in the database, but then those results are then limited to 500 for the people picker filter?

Filter((SortByColumns(Filter('Engineering Change Notice', ECN_Status_PowerApps_Value<=3 || ECN_Status_PowerApps_Value=99), "ECN_Status_PowerApps_Value", Descending, "Part_x0020_Number", Ascending)),Engineer.DisplayName=User().FullName)

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yea, I figured that.  I had to do the same with a calucated field... made it text, and used flow to populate, instaed of a SP expression.

The people picker field is my last issue for 95% of my delegation issues.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same issue, in the end I stored the email address of the user as text so as not to have the delication issue, it happens with complex types in SharePoint. 

Yea, I figured that.  I had to do the same with a calucated field... made it text, and used flow to populate, instaed of a SP expression.

The people picker field is my last issue for 95% of my delegation issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

One of the other speed kicks is to store the user name in a variable in powerapps too.

I think I saw some complex meta data stuff on a Daniel Christian video from Ignite. here is the original video but there is an updated one from Ignit that is better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPMMWlgiZKQ

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (2,381)