cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KT03
Regular Visitor

People can only see forms in which they have been listed

Hello,
I think it is much simpler than I think. I want to build an app where people first come to a gallery page and then continue to the corresponding form.
4 fields are filled in advance (manually):
1. title (single line of text)
2. other information (single line of text)
3. person who should fill the form (Person or Group)
4. other person who should fill the form (Person or Group)

My question is now how do I make it so that the persons in point 3 & 4 only see the forms in the gallery where they were entered in point 3 & 4. And not the forms where other people have to enter information.

Thanks in Advance

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BCLS776
Super User
Super User

You can filter the Items shown in the gallery using the identity of the currently logged-in user:

Filter(myTable, UserColumn.Email = User().Email || UserColumn2.Email = User().Email)

This code searches through the table 'myTable' looking in the UserColumn or UserColumn2 (assumed to be People-type columns) for email addresses that match the email address of the currently-logged in user. You'll need to change the table and column names to match your scenario.

Hope that helps,

Bryan

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BCLS776
Super User
Super User

You can filter the Items shown in the gallery using the identity of the currently logged-in user:

Filter(myTable, UserColumn.Email = User().Email || UserColumn2.Email = User().Email)

This code searches through the table 'myTable' looking in the UserColumn or UserColumn2 (assumed to be People-type columns) for email addresses that match the email address of the currently-logged in user. You'll need to change the table and column names to match your scenario.

Hope that helps,

Bryan

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,353)