Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sifu
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

People or person in combo box save to column

Hi All,

i have two lists in SharePoint Online. lets call them records and interface. the list interface is edited in powerapps to customize the look as well as to call some special functions. one of the functions is to look in the list records and display in a combo-box (name of this combo is: "users-exsiting") a column with certain filters. the column is people or person column. the formula looks as flowing: 

Distinct(
    (Filter(
        'storage -entries',
        owner = Office365Users.MyProfileV2().userPrincipalName,
        Permission = permission.Selected.Value,
        FullPath = folder.Selected.Result
    )),
    Users.DisplayName
)

this part works fine.

To save this value from this custom card (users-exsiting) i created a column. Type is again People or person and and set it property update to look at the combo

{
    Value: 'users-exsiting'.SelectedItems
    }

but this part does not work... 

Eventually i need to save the list of user names so i can trigger a flow that will remove the selected users form my records list,...

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Sifu 

People type column requires data to be in following format (Note: below is just an illustration)

Claims: Concatenate(
"i:0#.f|membership|",
User().Email
),
Department: "",
DisplayName: "",
Email: User().Email,
JobTitle: "",
Picture: ""
}

Conecpt of Update property value of data card is Same concept as when Patching a people picker column
Check my video on patching SP Columns (includes the people column type logic) 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Sifu 

People type column requires data to be in following format (Note: below is just an illustration)

Claims: Concatenate(
"i:0#.f|membership|",
User().Email
),
DisplayName: "",
Email: User().Email,
}

Conecpt of Update property value of data card is Same concept as when Patching a people picker column
Check my video on patching SP Columns (includes the people column type logic) 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

View solution in original post

Sifu
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@RezaDorrani  thanks for your reply, i will look into this,... but wondering... as far i saw patching (should be "onSelect"(?), it is not really waiting for the form to be submited, which in my case is not good.... can you think of other way how i could get it into the list? or am i wrong?

RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Sifu 

When using form control - you would be providing a button on click of which you will use the SubmitForm function

This is when the data card values will get posted to the data source.

Form control & Patch are 2 different ways of submitting data to your data source.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

Sifu
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@RezaDorrani adding to update property:

{
  Claims: "i:0#.f|membership|" & ('users-exsiting'.Selected.Result),
  DisplayName: 'users-exsiting'.Selected.Result,
  Email: 'users-exsiting'.Selected.Result,
}

solved the problem, but it saves only one user, which command would save all selected? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (34,131)