Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amoshe2
Helper IV
Helper IV

People picker Dependency

HI,

I have the below code on my items for People picker field but it's not working properly - please advise 

If Value in on Datacardvalue3 is equal to "PDP Legacy Request" than set the PDP owner field(People picker field) as "PDP Legacy Products" . else put it as a choice option (Choices(['Almog test list'].'PDP Owner'))

If(DataCardValue3.Selected.Value="PDP Legacy Request",
set(ThisItem.'PDP Owner'="PDP Legacy Products"),
Choices(['Almog test list'].'PDP Owner')
)

Thanks 

Almog

19 REPLIES 19
PowerAddict
Super User
Super User

Hi @amoshe2 , 

You cannot use the Set function to update a record with a specific value, like I am assuming you want to update the PDP Owner of the given record (ThisItem) to PDP Legacy Products. Also, if this is for the Items property, using Set wont work. In both your If and Else conditions, you are picking only one value. So are you trying to use that for the Items property of the people picker?

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos (Thumbs Up). And if this solves your problem, please mark this reply as a solution by selecting Accept as Solution. This makes it easier for others to find answers to similar questions. 

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Microsoft Business Applications MVP

Microsoft Certified Trainer MCT

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube  |  Email

Thanks for the replay, and Yes I'm  trying to use that for the Items property of the people picker?

So what is the correct code line for that 

Thanks 

Almog

Hi @amoshe2,

Do you want to populate the people picker with a text value "PDP Legacy Products"?

Could you please tell me more about your column settings?

If you want to pass a text value to a Person field, I am afraid there is no way to achieve this in Power Apps currently. If you want to update the Person field, you must assign a person from the Azure AD to the Person field. A text string could not be updated to the Person column.

Best Regards,
Qi

HI,

I don't want it to be a text field , I just want the EMP name will show automatically there and that the people picker field will find it out (it will be a valid value to be submitted)

the email name is "PDP Legacy Products@Intel.com" and I want it to automate put it out on the people picker field 

Hope I clear myself now

Thanks 

Hi @amoshe2,

So "PDP Legacy Products" is a Display name in your Azure AD, right?

Then please modify your formula for Items as below:

If(DataCardValue3.Selected.Value="PDP Legacy Request",Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm:DataCardValue3.Selected.Value}),Choices(Actions.Teacher))

Modify your formula for the Update property of the person field data card as below:

{
            DisplayName: First(Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm: DataCardValue3.Selected.Value})).DisplayName,
            Claims: "i:0#.f|membership|" & First(Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm: DataCardValue3.Selected.Value})).Mail,
            Department: "",
            Email: First(Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm: DataCardValue3.Selected.Value})).Mail,
            JobTitle: "",
            Picture: ""
        }
Best Regards,
Qi

Hi,

Not sure what is Choices(Actions.Teacher))

as I don't have this choice. this is what I put on my end

If(DataCardValue3.Selected.Value="PDP Legacy Request",Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm:DataCardValue3.Selected.Value}),Choices([@'Almog test list'].'PDP Owner')

and where exactly I need to put the Email I want 

PDP Legacy Products <pdp.legacy.products@intel.com>?

Hi @amoshe2

That's my data source and person column, you should replace it with yours.

Here is an issue you may miss that the Choices() function returns a different table with the table that Office365SearchUsers() function returns. Eg. The Choices() has a Email column but the Office() has a different one named Mail, so you could not keep them same within the If statement.

As an alternative solution, I will suggest use the same Office365() function within the If() statement.

Set the Items property as below:

If(DataCardValue3.Selected.Value="PDP Legacy Request",Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm:"Wearsky",top:999}),Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm:"",top:999}))

Then you should set the DisplayFields property of the people picker as:["Mail"]

Best Regards,
Qi

The office365 isn't finding the PDP Legacy Account username or email and also not giving me the right employee list from the corporate.

only if I'm doing choice it's direct me to the correct employees under the dropdown box

my search field is by ["DisplayName"]

again it should have the choice at the end of the code

If(DataCardValue3.Selected.Value="PDP Legacy Request",?(How to add PDP Legacy account user name????) ,Choices([@'Almog test list'].'PDP Owner')

hope you can help me to achieve this 

Thanks

The office365 isn't finding the PDP Legacy Account username or email and also not giving me the right employee list from the corporate.

only if I'm doing choice it's direct me to the correct employees under the dropdown box

my search field is by ["DisplayName"]

again it should have the choice at the end of the code

If(DataCardValue3.Selected.Value="PDP Legacy Request",?(How to add PDP Legacy account user name????) ,Choices([@'Almog test list'].'PDP Owner')

hope you can help me to achieve this 

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,792)