cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chawki
Frequent Visitor

People picker column .Email property not working on powerapps

Hi,

I've build an app with a Sharepoint list as a data source, in that list I have a people picker column, when I try to get informations from that column ex : column.DisplayName, it work fine Capture d’écran 2021-08-10 à 9.50.34 AM.png , but when I try to get the Email address I got an error ! Capture d’écran 2021-08-10 à 9.57.47 AM.png. The same issue occurs when i try to use a built-in column as 'Created_by' 

What I'm i missing?

Thank You for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @v-qiaqi-msft 

The problem was fixed by deleting the entire SPList and rebuilt it again ! so I think the bogue was on the list it self, but i can't explain it

Greetings

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Nogueira1306
Super User
Super User

What does the error says?

Hi @Nogueira1306  this is the error message Capture d’écran 2021-08-10 à 10.19.54 AM.png to translate it says "The name is not valid.This Identifier is not reconized"

Thanks for your help

Okay. If you try only: ThisItem.CreatedBy, does it work?

If not, please tell me what is that "EtudiantUserId"

No it doesn't work, it expects something following Capture d’écran 2021-08-10 à 10.33.17 AM.png , "EtudiantUserId" is a person column in the Sharepoint list, but what seem weird to me is that even "ThisItem.'Created By'.Email " is not working and it throws the same error

Nogueira1306_0-1628594330306.png

Okay.. It is working for me.
Make sure that you are on the gallery and the label you want. After that wirte: ThisItem.EtudiantUserId.

Check what values gives you after the " . "

@Chawki  if this does not work, please show me your Etudiant Collumn

Ok, here it is this is the first part after the dot Capture d’écran 2021-08-10 à 12.22.44 PM.png and here is the second part Capture d’écran 2021-08-10 à 12.22.59 PM.png.

As you can see all needed property are displayed, and all of them works just fine except the .Email one ☹️

Why is that happening.. show me you collumn ples. The collumn and the settings

Sure,  Capture d’écran 2021-08-10 à 12.50.16 PM.pngCapture d’écran 2021-08-10 à 12.57.16 PM.png

This problem drives me mad for a while !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (1,811)