Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martinav
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Performance Improvements for Sharepoint List Apps

Friends,

I am getting very close to the finishing touches on an app.  It is currently driven primarily by a Sharepoint list that has 27 columns.  About half of those are single line of text, then a mix of yes/no date, and only one caclulated.  There are no lookups.

It is working fairly well, but I would like to make the response of my powerapp a bit more snappy.  I have the date shown in a Powerapp Gallery, with various search methods.  I was wondering if:

For Single Line of Text columns... does shortening the max character from 255 to a much smaller number make a difference?  Many of these fields, I only need a few characters.  I presume (please correct me if I'm wrong) but the typical width if 8's is what is important.  Thus, if I only need 6 characters, its no more expensive to put in 8.  Perhaps that only matter with stuff at a much lower level, but its the mode of thinking I would like verified.

Also, do number fields as opposed to text fields matter with respect to performance?  I can convert some of them one way or another if that matters.  

I'm open to any suggestions!

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @martinav,

How many items do you have in this list? Can you share the formula that you used on the Gallery's Items property? If it's a large list, the slow performance might be related to the delegation in PowerApps.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (60,412)