cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deivid
Resolver I
Resolver I

Performance on a screen with 26 forms

I have 26 forms on a single screen because of issues I was having (https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Store-scroll-state/m-p/1693157#M430890). I use a gallery to call a specific form, where, in its OnSelect, I enable the created form (Visible: True) and disable the others (Visible: False).

But that way, I noticed a big slowness to access this screen.

I would not like to go back to the previous form I used, which was 26 screens, one for each form, but it ended up generating the problem mentioned above.

Tela1.png

Tela2.png

Is there anything that can be done, or used, to speed up and perform better working this way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Deivid
Resolver I
Resolver I

As the application project needs to move forward, I returned to using the 26 separate screens, but without the Gallery (menu on the left side). I left the Gallery on a bigger screen, so it's working, not exactly the way I'd like it to, but working. I thank.

Menu.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@Deivid 

Assuming that the label in the gallery reflects the column, "Title", I suggest that you create a variable in the OnSelect of the gallery like Set(var, ThisItem.Title).  Then in each form, set the Visible property to reflect the appropriate title, like var="Cadastro" and var="Auditor".  Then, PowerApps will not have to evaluate every form to see if the variable is true or false and the process should be much faster. 

Another question though, do all the forms have pretty much the same fields?

@Drrickryp 
Really, it was a good idea and it speeded up the form call, plus I had a lot less code.

But, for me to enter this screen (TELA GERAL) where the 26 forms are, it's still slow. I call the PROCESSO screen to the TELA GERAL only:

Tela 3.png

About your last question, some forms are similar, but sometimes one has 1 or 2 different fields, while others are very different.

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@Deivid 

You could use 1 form and for the fields that are only used for one or two of types, set the visible property of their card to var="Cadastro" ||  var="Auditor".  Since you are only using one form, that will speed things up considerably.

@Drrickryp 

I'm new to Power Apps, some things I still don't understand. This resolution that you gave me I couldn't quite understand how I will make it work.

How would I join the fields in 1 form if each form is a table in Dataverse?

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@Deivid 

You couldn't in that case.  However, in originally designing your app, you would have to make one table but include all the possible fields in it that would be used.  Sort of like the Accounts table that comes with Dataverse.  You must have a lot of duplication of fields in your tables!  

@Drrickryp 

Understood.

This application was initially created with all the fields together (which was not recommended at all since it had more than 200 fields and slowed down the app), but then we did it in smaller tables precisely for performance reasons.

Anyway, thanks for the attempts to help, they were certainly valid for testing.

Deivid
Resolver I
Resolver I

As the application project needs to move forward, I returned to using the 26 separate screens, but without the Gallery (menu on the left side). I left the Gallery on a bigger screen, so it's working, not exactly the way I'd like it to, but working. I thank.

Menu.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,963)