Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Performance testing & stress testing tools for PowerApps

Hi all,

I am building up several apps for a big group of users (around 1000 users) and I need to perform some performance testing (stress/load/volume) before I can roll out to the users.

Do you guys have any tools to recommend on the testing? Thanks in advance.

What we trying to achieve in the testing:

- Simultaneously logon on PowerApps to pull data from the database (custom connector to SAP). Data including images and text. 

- Simultaneously logon on PowerApps to insert data to the database (custom connector to SAP). Data including images and text.

- Record processing time on the duration required for each pull and insert.

- Monitor the performance of each screen's navigation processing time required and loading time.

Thanks and regards,

Eagerboy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Eagerboy ,

The apps made in PowerApps can have multiple users to play at the same time. They each are their own instances so it does not matter how many users use it at the same time.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi,

I don't think you'll find any stress-testing abilities, and if you do then please feel free to share. I think the test as the test would need to be against SAP rather than the Power App.

Anyway, that aside, you can use the Monitor function to get timings for pull/push and for any loading etc within each screen:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/introducing-monitor-to-debug-apps-and-improve-performance...

Cheers,

ManCat

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Highlighted

Hi @iAm_ManCat ,

Thanks for the reply and sharing. I am further exploring the tools and certainly will share if found any.

Cheers,

Eagerboy

Hi @Eagerboy ,

The apps made in PowerApps can have multiple users to play at the same time. They each are their own instances so it does not matter how many users use it at the same time.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@v-monli-msft 

Can you please provide any reference document link for this information?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,943)