cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Permission issue on SharePoint list from PowerApps app

Hi,

I am having one situation here like: By using powerapp apps, user will create/ save data to a sharepoint list and they need to have edit with delete permission to delete item from list as well. Now, I am not sharing sharepoint site/list url with them but if they have the url they can access to the list and can delete the item from there. Trying to find any suggestion to tackle this issues.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: Permission issue on SharePoint list from PowerApps app

You will have to create a new role rather than using the default 'Member' role. You'll then customize the access capability of that role to only allow EDIT but not delete. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

You will have to create a new role rather than using the default 'Member' role. You'll then customize the access capability of that role to only allow EDIT but not delete. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @thassan,

Like @iamlee suggested, please create a new permission level following below steps for this kind of users:

Site Permissions> Permission Levels > select "Contribute"> "Copy Permission Level" > name the new permission level and unselect the Delete Items permission:

Capture.JPGThen grant the users with this permission level directly. 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,942)