Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alderney
Helper III
Helper III

Permission needed to add a power app to teams

Hi

I have an app developed in Powerapps that when I add to teams it gives me an error message that permission is needed.  I have administration rights and have put others there without issue.  I can't see where I would need to give/add permission anywhere.

Here is the screen shot of my teams apps and the error message when adding.

teams permission error.png

anyone got any ideas why this is happening? i've got no clue

7 REPLIES 7
Himanshu_90677
Advocate V
Advocate V

@Himanshu_90677I looked at that, I don't have the two sections as posted here only built with power platform section. office 365 desktop version I'm using. I'm operating as the owner, so I can see no reason why I need permission to add to another O365 programme.

thely
Frequent Visitor

Same here. All of sudden. Even with roles of admin and app owner. Used to work before, only found out when new employees started using the app

RichardBeap

Same here!! I have a PowerApps that gets info from a SharePoint list, it works fine and it's created with global admin, but appears same message about permissions, any idea?

Alderney
Helper III
Helper III

Hi all

I asked Microsoft support and this worked for me

> Go to Teams admin center: Microsoft Teams admin center
> Go to Setup policies > Global

Alderney_0-1653426529325.png

In Global, make sure we have the “Upload custom apps” turned on, this used to be called side load app I believe.

Alderney_1-1653426529329.png

Turn on the upload custom apps.  It may take a bit to turn on (i had to wait until the next day before it worked)

thely
Frequent Visitor

This worked for me! Thanks champ!!!

RichardBeap

It works, thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (3,447)