cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marovil
Helper I
Helper I

Permission to use Power BI pop-up on start

Hi! We noticed that when running a powerapps with embedded power BI tiles, the app is asking for permissions to use power BI. I think it hasn't been like this earlier. Anyone can tell what has changed? Or is there any way to bypass this? 

This we have already done: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/End-users-getting-pop-up-asking-for-permissi... and it is working for the connections.

And to clarify, in power apps we are using power BI dashboard tiles by selecting from the dropdown menus, not embed url from power BI report.

This app is running on info screens, so this is quite big problem for us 😐

br,

markku

marovil_0-1603943870333.png

5 REPLIES 5
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @marovil  :
Do you want to avoid the authentication window that pops up when the user opens the app for the first time?
I'm afraid it is not available.Some connections (such as SQL Server with SQL or Windows authentication) are implicitly shared with the app when you share the app with other users. Other connections require users to create their own connections and explictly grant security privleges (such as security roles for the Common Data Service, OneDrive for Business, SQL Server with Azure AD authentication).
The first time shared users open the app, they are asked to sign in with their own credentials. It won’t occur the next time shared users open the shared apps.
Please check this documentation about “Share app resources” for more details:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/share-app-resources/
Best Regards,
Bof

Hi, @v-bofeng-msft ,

no it's not the authentification of the connections. It is the power BI permissions, see the picture below. When I use a power BI tile in my app, everytime I open it, the app asks for permissions to use Power BI.  Should it be like that? Can that be avoided?

br,

markku

marovil_0-1604034436208.png

Hi @marovil :

I'm afraid that is no available.If you really don’t want the pop-up window to appear, it is a better choice to use the Launch() function to directly navigate to the corresponding report.For example:

Add a button and set it's OnSelelct property to:

Launch("ShareLink")

80.gif

Best Regards,

Bof

This is happening to me as well. I don't need to bypass the authentication.

Before last week, if users have visited my Power App and already granted permission (including to Power BI), the app would just allow them in. Starting this week, they have to click Allow on Power BI every time they visit the app, including myself.

Hi @JMully :

This is a necessary condition to use the power BI tile control. There is currently no way to set this pop-up window to no longer appear.

If you need to cancel this pop-up window through custom settings, I suggest you post your ideas to this forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas 

Best Regards,

Bof

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,353)