cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwhit
Frequent Visitor

Permissions error in classic forms editor attempting to change properties of a field on a form _I_ created.

I switched to the classic editor in order to embed a canvas app on a form, per https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/embedded-canvas-app-add-classic-d..., but now I get "Insufficient Permissions" when I attempt to select "Change properties" for a field. On a form I just created. Full error:

Insufficient Permissions
You do not have permission to access these records. Contact your Microsoft Dynamics 365 administrator for help.

Timestamp: 12/13/2019 8:11:15 PM UTC
Service Request Id: 816889cc-37b0-403a-adb6-0391a371d96c

What permission am I missing?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Permissions error in classic forms editor attempting to change properties of a field on a form _I_ created.

Hi @rwhit ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you mean that you do not permission to edit the field properties within the form you created?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please check if you have been assigned with proper Security Role in current PowerApps Environment.

Please go to Power Platform Admin Center, then find your current Eivonment in Environment tab, then click "Settings", then expand the "Users + Permissions" option, then click "Users", within the opening Users page, find your account, select it then click "Manage Roles" option in top menu, then check if you have been assigned with "System Administrator" Security Role.

3.JPG

If you have been assigned with the "System Administrator" Security Role in current environment, but the issue still exists, please check if you have owned proper PowerApps license for your sign in account or your PowerApps license has been expired.

Note: Currently, if you want to access Model-Driven App functionality or CDS functionality in PowerApps, you must own PowerApps Plan 1 license at least. Office 365 license is not allowed to access CDS functionality in PowerApps.

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
rwhit
Frequent Visitor

Re: Permissions error in classic forms editor attempting to change properties of a field on a form _I_ created.

I'm a developer on this project, not a system administrator. Why would I need to be a system administrator to edit field properties on a form?

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rwhit ,

Actually, it is not necessary that you must own a "System Administrator" Security Role in current environment. But you must be assigned with proper Security Role of current Environment, then you could access the CDS functionality in this Environment, and you could edit the forms belong to specific Entity.

More details about Security Roles in PowerApps Environment, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/database-security#predefined-security-roles

If you just want to edit the Entity and its forms you created, I think you must be assigned with "System Customizer" Security Role at least in current Environment.

Note: Only users who has been assigned with proper Security Role could access data in current Environment.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,919)