cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gottijay2000
Advocate II
Advocate II

Permissions in Planner

i have a requirement to allow specific users access to view and create tasks in Plans they are not a member of using PowerApps. i know planner connectors work on the logged in users credentials meaning they can only contribute if they are members of the plan.

the idea i have in my head to to pull in all the plans to the app first and then trim what the user can see on the PowerApps side, Just not sure how to walk around this especially since  i have to be a member of the plan to pull in the tasks into the app. Not sure how to use a service account that is a member to do this too.

Any ideas would be great, thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Gottijay2000 :

All users can only see the tasks under their own account, so if each user's connector authentication account is himself, then they cannot see the tasks under your account.Unless:

Option One:Create a flow and periodically synchronize your tasks information to a shared SP list.

You could use a schedule trigger, or a trigger like'When a new task is created' as the trigger to synchronize all tasks to the SP list. Other users only need to access this list to get all task information.

Option Two:Create a flow and periodically synchronize your tasks information to a shared SP list.

Let all users switch the account of the Planner connection with yours to access all tasks under your account in the APP.

vbofengmsft_0-1637564160052.png

vbofengmsft_1-1637564207517.png

vbofengmsft_2-1637564226396.png

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Gottijay2000 :

All users can only see the tasks under their own account, so if each user's connector authentication account is himself, then they cannot see the tasks under your account.Unless:

Option One:Create a flow and periodically synchronize your tasks information to a shared SP list.

You could use a schedule trigger, or a trigger like'When a new task is created' as the trigger to synchronize all tasks to the SP list. Other users only need to access this list to get all task information.

Option Two:Create a flow and periodically synchronize your tasks information to a shared SP list.

Let all users switch the account of the Planner connection with yours to access all tasks under your account in the APP.

vbofengmsft_0-1637564160052.png

vbofengmsft_1-1637564207517.png

vbofengmsft_2-1637564226396.png

Best Regards,

Bof

thanks @v-bofeng-msft i think i can make this work. i appreciate you help

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (2,390)