cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShawnLJ
Advocate II
Advocate II

Permissions within an App

This is something I don't think has been talked about, at least I could not find something.

I created an app where I can search employees and add information as needed. Most of our employees have access to SharePoint and I have the Powerapps link linked within the Sharepoint app so anyone with access can see the information contained. There is a lot of confidential information within this app so I have not given permission to anyone. That being said, I am wondering if it is possible to set permissions within the app. What I mean by that is can I make it so employees can only see their profile which is a specific screen within the app. It would also be benefitial if the employee could edit their own information within their profile on another screen. So basically just giving them access to specific screens with thier credentials. Last point is can I set it so managers can only see their specific employees under them along with their own based on permissions set? 

11 REPLIES 11

Thank you for the article, I am still trying to go through it in detail to see if I can apply it to the app I am working on. It seems this permission thing is a lot harder then I orginally thought. 

I may be close if I try something like this maybe?

I go the the already set environments and I see the environment roles of admin and Maker then when I go to User Roles I see Organization User and Database Owner. 

So I was thinking I would just alter the Organization User Permission. So I click on that and it takes me to a screen that has details. I then click the tab that says Permission Set, which it currently has none. It allows me add a permission set name. I am not sure which name to add that would only allow users to see thier own profiles?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,613)