cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amoshe2
Helper IV
Helper IV

Person Field from other list isn't showing on the list when I'm trying to connect to this list

Hi,

I'm trying to pull up an Employee name from other list(PDP EMPLOYEE) - the field is a Person field 

amoshe2_0-1657550485569.png

I have created a drop down field and pick on the item the relevant list (added DB to new list)

for some reason I can't find the Employee field from the other list, I can see all the rest but not the Person field (see attached pic)

amoshe2_1-1657550602476.png

when i put on the items the "list name.Employee" - I'm getting the below error - blue underline

amoshe2_0-1657550812150.png

Appreciate the help

Almog

8 REPLIES 8
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @amoshe2 ,

A dropdown control will only show text from a single column. Since the Employee column is a Person/Group type, it contains records (multiple "sub columns"). For the dropdown to work, you need to select one of those "sub columns", for instance: 'PDP Employees'.Employee.Email.

If you wish to retain the person data type, instead of using a dropdown, use a combobox:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-combo-box

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

OK I have change my field to Combo Box and write at the items 'PDP EMPLOYEE'.Employee 

but it give me an empty list 

what should I put on the Items that it will bring the employee name from Person field on the other list

amoshe2_1-1657552296865.png

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@amoshe2 

Change your Items property to: 

Choices('PDP Employee'.Employee)

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Hi Randy,

I already tried this out but I'm getting a weird list not relevant for this field (not sure what is it)

I have under the employee drop down just 2 names

amoshe2_0-1657553735175.png

That looks like your Choices is pulling from your Active Directory. How has the choice been setup?

Please Accept as Solution if it solves your question. Or just give it a Thumbs Up if it is helpful as can help others.

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/charlie-phipps-%F0%9F%91%A8%E2%80%8D%F0%9F%92%BB-91338715b/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChmFBGU1YKIU91sNMQ7buGg
Twitter: https://twitter.com/phipps0218

Yes it look like as connect to other directory, what you mean by saying "How has the choice been setup"?

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@amoshe2 

It's not a choice column, it is a Person column.

Your image of the results for the person column looks correct, what is it that you are questioning (i.e. what is not relevant)? 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

I'm trying to get the Employee name(Person field) list into my new SP list

Didn't understand why I can't pull the employee name into my list 

Is there an option to have Favorites on Person field? I want to have ~15 people that will be populated under this dropdown/combobox field 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,986)