cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
corew50 Advocate I
Advocate I

Person Layout combo box loses its settings

I have a terrible time using contact combo boxes.  We set the items of a combobox to Choices(SharePointList.ContactField) and the fields of the combobox to the person layout with the details I want to show.  The combobox is now setup the correct way and works fine.  

Here is where the problem starts.  I save my project, I come back later and work on something totally different and don't touch the combobox.  I notice that it has kept the person layout but it has lost all the settings of what fields it should display.  Instead, Claims is listed as both Primary text and SearchField.  It doesn't always happen but it randomly happens in all of the apps that I work with.  I may go make a slight edit on an unrelated screen, publish the change, and find that the people picker broke and is now displaying claims.  

I love using the person layout, but I have gotten to where I have to check literally every combobox with a person layout in my entire app after I make any change.  Again this is happening across multiple applications and seemingly at random.  On one page with three people pickers, it could be that two retain their settings and one loses them.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Person Layout combo box loses its settings

Hi @corew50 

Could you please change your formula expression as this to test?

Choices(DataSource.PersonTypeColumnName).Claims

Best Regards.

Yumia

corew50 Advocate I
Advocate I

When I do that I get an error that the combobox is expecting a record of a different schema.  I then also only have claims as an option in my field selector.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @corew50 

Do you test as this?

claim.PNG

Best Regards.

Yumia

corew50 Advocate I
Advocate I

Yes, and I can only see claim.  My issue is that I want to show Display Name and search by Display Name and not let anyone see claims.  I tried what you suggested and I can only see claims.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,099)