cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Personal account for a user office365

How to use UserOffice365 to create a personal account for a user, so that the organization's members can add points. For example, a user has solved a test and this value is entered in the table (database) under their name. How to create this database and make the user log in to the mobile app and if the DisplayName in the database matches MyProfile ().DisplayName bind a condition to a text label?

Аннотация 2020-03-28 093112.png

7 REPLIES 7
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Andie ,

So that I understand your requirements, are you asking for the user to see only records which are flagged as related to their login - presumably by a field in the data?

I will give a short answer on this assumption - if this is your requirement, I am happy to explain further.

Firstly the built-in functions User().Fullname and User().Email both allow the recording of this information in a record and can be tested at user login and used as a filter on what records are displayed. Also the fields Created by and Modified by if you are using SharePoint as a data source allow further management. 

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Yes, Yes. This is my case. Tell us more about how to create this database and what value to assign to a text label.

Thanks @Andie ,

Firstly, you need to set a variable at App OnStart to avoid delegation issues with the User() function.

Set(vUserName,User().FullName)

Also note that User().FullName may not be unique in your organisation if two people have the same name, so you can consider using User().Email. This aside, I will describe a possible process with the full name (which is the display name you mentioned).

When you are referring to create a database, you are simply creating a new record which will have a field with the user’s name in it. To do this, make the Default of the field vUserNamewhich is the Variable you have created above. When a new record is created, this value will be put in the field and I assume this is the text field you are referring to.

If you want the user to see only their records in the future, simply filter on this field to show a list of items where the field value equals vUserName.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Please tell us in more detail, step by step. My knowledge of English is poor, so try to describe the process more simply. Thank you for your help! 🤔

Hi @Andie ,

I am not sure how to explain this more clearly.

I assume your native tongue is Russian - this is from Google Translate please read this and try some of it - happy to help if you get stuck with code

Я не уверен, как объяснить это более четко. Русский перевод (я предполагаю, что это ваш язык) ниже.
Во-первых, вам нужно установить переменную в App OnStart, чтобы избежать проблем с делегированием с помощью функции User ().

Set (vUserName, User (). FullName)
Также обратите внимание, что User (). FullName может не быть уникальным в вашей организации, если два человека имеют одинаковые имена, поэтому вы можете рассмотреть возможность использования User (). Email. Помимо этого, я опишу возможный процесс с полным именем (это отображаемое имя).

Когда вы имеете в виду создание базы данных, вы просто создаете новую запись, в которой будет поле с именем пользователя. Для этого установите значение по умолчанию для поля vUserName, которое является переменной, которую вы создали выше. Когда создается новая запись, это значение будет помещено в поле, и я предполагаю, что это текстовое поле, на которое вы ссылаетесь.

Если вы хотите, чтобы в будущем пользователь видел только свои записи, просто отфильтруйте это поле, чтобы отобразить список элементов, значение поля которых равно vUserName.
Firstly, you need to set a variable at App OnStart to avoid delegation issues with the User() function.

Set(vUserName,User().FullName)
Also note that User().FullName may not be unique in your organisation if two people have the same name, so you can consider using User().Email. This aside, I will describe a possible process with the full name (which is the display name you mentioned).

When you are referring to create a database, you are simply creating a new record which will have a field with the user’s name in it. To do this, make the Default of the field vUserName, which is the Variable you have created above. When a new record is created, this value will be put in the field and I assume this is the text field you are referring to.

If you want the user to see only their records in the future, simply filter on this field to show a list of items where the field value equals vUserName.

The database must have a column with all the members of the organization?

Hi @Andie,

I'm not clear about your issue.

What is the data source of the app?

What does the sentence mean that binds a condition to a text label?

Could you please share more details about your requirement?

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,953)