cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
d3ell
Helper V
Helper V

Phone number not showing with a zero in number or text field

Hi,

 

I'm having an issue where as part of the form one of my fields is a telephone number - when i enter this as 0783456875 (for example) it is coming up in powerapps as "783456875"

 

i have a feeling this might be a sharepoint list issue other than powerapps, but i've tried changing the column format to text rather than number and i'm still seeing the same.

 

Does anyone have any ideas why it might be taking off the zero and anythingi can do to sort either in sharepoint or powerapps.

 

thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Changed that and still no joy!

 

Something wrong with the card/field i assume, but i couldnt find it.

 

I have now just deleted the data cards our of my form and re-inserted new ones where phone numbers are and all is working now.  I assume this is because they are now text fields in the sharepoint list.  Probably should of just done that in the 1st place, but it was bugging me why it wasnt working.

 

Anyway, i have me 0's now so all good.

 

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @d3ell 

By changing the column type to text, you're on the right track. After you did this, did you refresh your data source through the View > Data Sources menu?

Hi There,

 

Yes i've refreshed the data souces and i'be opened / closed power apps several times.

 

The issue is now starting to look like it is happening when powerapps saves the data.

 

If i input directly on sharepoint it keeps the correct value with the 0 at the beginning, however if i then open the recorord on powerapps, i cannot see this 0 and if i save the record it then changes the sharepoint list to no longer have a zero as well.  Confusing!! 

 

 

Hi @d3ell 

One thing I'd check is the text input control for your phone number field. If the format is still set to Number, this could explain the problem.

 

image.png

Yep, done that as well! 

 

Still no joy!

 

any other ideas?

Hi @d3ell 

The next thing to check is the Update property of the card. If there's still a call to the Value function, that would carry out a text to number conversion which would loose the preceding 0 in your phone number. The fix would be to unlock your card and to remove the Value function.

 

image.png

Changed that and still no joy!

 

Something wrong with the card/field i assume, but i couldnt find it.

 

I have now just deleted the data cards our of my form and re-inserted new ones where phone numbers are and all is working now.  I assume this is because they are now text fields in the sharepoint list.  Probably should of just done that in the 1st place, but it was bugging me why it wasnt working.

 

Anyway, i have me 0's now so all good.

 

Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,736)