cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sebastian_Geige
Regular Visitor

Photos in catalog from SharePoint list are displayed in the browser but not in the PowerApps app

Hello everybody,

I'm having a problem viewing photos from a shared SharePoint site in a Powerapps catalog.

Regarding the framework:

The Sharepoint website is approved for all by the administrator. Authentication is not required. The photo links are given in a SharePoint list. The links point directly to the photo. Example: https://....../Freigegebene%20Dokumente/Fotos%20Spielger%C3%A4te/Baumhaus4.jpeg

Problem:

When I display the app in the browser I can see the photos. When I view the app in the PowerApps tablet app, I cannot see the photos.

If I enter the photo link via the browser, it will be displayed.

Why is that?

greeting

Sebi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Sebastian_Geige ,

This is as a result of the way that the mobile app version of Power Apps accesses URLs anonymously. I won't get into the depths of this, however as you have discovered, they do not work, however there is an easy solution.

You can display photos from either attachments to a SharePoint List or a from items in SharePoint document library on Apple and Android devices easily.

If from a SharePoint Library - in a Gallery  the Image control Image property is 

ThisItem.'{Thumbnail}'.Large

For a Standalone picture on the form

GalleryName.Selected.'{Thumbnail}'.Large

(you can also use Small and Medium

For an Attachment in a gallery with Items showing attachments for selected item - Items of Gallery

GalleryName.Selected.Attachments

Image property in gallery

ThisItem.Value

For standalone picture

GalleryName.Selected.Value

To show the first attachment on a form

First(GalleryName.Selected).Value

We do this with thousands of pictures in the field and it works very reliably.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Sebastian_Geige ,

This is as a result of the way that the mobile app version of Power Apps accesses URLs anonymously. I won't get into the depths of this, however as you have discovered, they do not work, however there is an easy solution.

You can display photos from either attachments to a SharePoint List or a from items in SharePoint document library on Apple and Android devices easily.

If from a SharePoint Library - in a Gallery  the Image control Image property is 

ThisItem.'{Thumbnail}'.Large

For a Standalone picture on the form

GalleryName.Selected.'{Thumbnail}'.Large

(you can also use Small and Medium

For an Attachment in a gallery with Items showing attachments for selected item - Items of Gallery

GalleryName.Selected.Attachments

Image property in gallery

ThisItem.Value

For standalone picture

GalleryName.Selected.Value

To show the first attachment on a form

First(GalleryName.Selected).Value

We do this with thousands of pictures in the field and it works very reliably.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

@WarrenBelz Thank a lot, this is a very easy way to fix my problem!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,360)