cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Pick an Item from dropdown list, navigate to next form when item is not found in the list.........

HI I would like to have advice
I'm building a PowerApp in a SharePoint list. 

The list is a "Personal details list". One of the fields is a dropdown "Find your Organization".
The organizations are in a separate SharePoint list. 
I made a button with the text "Organization not Found?" and OnSelect It open a newe From where de person can fill de Organization details and store them in the correct SP list and navigates him back to the personal info form.

This all works.

But ..............
In this personal form is still the Organization dropdown where the new organization is not available. Data was not updated yet. 

How can I create the new Organization stored in the Column on the Personal details SP list?? 
Thanks already

Steven (from the Netherlands where the wheater is great today 🙂 )

Picture attached.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @StevenTIMI263 ,

Do you want to see the refreshed items in the dropdown box of the Edit Form from "Personal details list"?

Could you please share the details about the formula of the Items property of the dropdown? Is it a Distinct(‘Personal details list’, Organization) or OrganizationList.NameColumn ?

I made a test on my side, in which I set the Items property of the Dropdown as like OrganizationList.NameColumn. On the NewOrganizationForm, I applied Refresh(OrganizationList) on the submit button and navigate back to the Edit Form screen. After these, I saw my new submitted Organization name in the dropdown.

Please have a try or may I have more information from you?

Best regards,
Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @StevenTIMI263 ,

Do you want to see the refreshed items in the dropdown box of the Edit Form from "Personal details list"?

Could you please share the details about the formula of the Items property of the dropdown? Is it a Distinct(‘Personal details list’, Organization) or OrganizationList.NameColumn ?

I made a test on my side, in which I set the Items property of the Dropdown as like OrganizationList.NameColumn. On the NewOrganizationForm, I applied Refresh(OrganizationList) on the submit button and navigate back to the Edit Form screen. After these, I saw my new submitted Organization name in the dropdown.

Please have a try or may I have more information from you?

Best regards,
Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

Thank you so much!!

Greetz from the Netherlands.

Steven

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (32,093)