cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Picture for SP Person column not displaying

I had a really strange occurrence this morning and I'm curious is anyone else has ever encountered this. I have a Person column, two in fact, in a SP List. On 3 screens in my app, I display Name and the picture of the individual. On Friday when I saved my app for the day, the pictures displayed perfectly on all 3 pages. When I opened the app to continue work this morning, no pictures. So I went to Play mode figuring they would show up then, no pictures. Closed the app and reopened, no pictures. They weren't showing up on any of the 3 screens, although the names were displaying correctly from the same list so it clearly wasn't a connection problem. I double checked that the columns where still correctly defined as Person -- yup. I made sure the image box was still where I left it - yup, on all 3 screens. Baffled and not knowing what else to do, I finally erased the value I had in my image property (ThisItem.LTOwner.Picture) and retyped it EXACTLY the same (ThisItem.LTOwner.Picture). Lo and behold the pictures suddenly reappeared - on all 3 screens - even though I only did this on the first screen. Now I'm left wondering if this is going to be a daily occurrence. Yikes! Really odd! Anyone else experienced this and/or have an explanation for this phenomena? LRVinNC
LRVinNC

------------------
Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

@LRVinNC  YUP!  Many times I've had that exact same issue where I've had something not work and then hat to re-type the EXACT same thing...and then it worked.

Explanation...none!  But, I feel your pain and acknowledge that it's not just you having that problem. Smiley Frustrated

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III

@LRVinNC  YUP!  Many times I've had that exact same issue where I've had something not work and then hat to re-type the EXACT same thing...and then it worked.

Explanation...none!  But, I feel your pain and acknowledge that it's not just you having that problem. Smiley Frustrated

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (32,579)