cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobK
Regular Visitor

Pie Chart on a SharePoint Choice Field

I want to make a Pie Chart from a SharePoint List. I can do it with the following:

AddColumns(GroupBy(ClientIntakeList_1, "Office_name", "GPOffice"), "CountbyOffice", CountRows(GPOffice))

Where I have a simple text field for offices.

But if I change the text field to a choice field to force one of three choices, I receive an error.

I found I can use groupby to group on choice field:

Groupby(AddColumns(DataSourceName, "NewFieldName",Category.Value),"NewFieldName","GroupName")

But when I combine the two I get an error

AddColumns(GroupBy(AddColumns(ClientIntakeList_1, "NewOfficeField", Office_Name.Value) "NewOfficeField", "GPOffice"), "CountbyOffice", CountRows(GPOffice))

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BobK,

Could you please share more details about the error message?

Could you please share a bit more about the data structure of your SP list?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:10.JPG

Set the Items property of the PieChart control to following:

AddColumns(
GroupBy(
AddColumns('20190102_case6',"NewFieldName",Office_Name.Value),
"NewFieldName",
"GroupData"
),
"CountByOffice",
CountRows(GroupData)
)

Based on the formula you provided, I think there is something wrong with its syntax -- You have missed a comma within your GroupBy formula. The screenshot as below:11.JPG

Please modify your formula as below:

AddColumns(
GroupBy(
AddColumns(ClientIntakeList_1, "NewOfficeField", Office_Name.Value), /* <- Add comma here */
"NewOfficeField",
"GPOffice"
),
"CountbyOffice",
CountRows(GPOffice)
)

If the issue still exists, please consider take a try to re-create a app on your side, and try above formula I provided again, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BobK,

Could you please share more details about the error message?

Could you please share a bit more about the data structure of your SP list?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:10.JPG

Set the Items property of the PieChart control to following:

AddColumns(
GroupBy(
AddColumns('20190102_case6',"NewFieldName",Office_Name.Value),
"NewFieldName",
"GroupData"
),
"CountByOffice",
CountRows(GroupData)
)

Based on the formula you provided, I think there is something wrong with its syntax -- You have missed a comma within your GroupBy formula. The screenshot as below:11.JPG

Please modify your formula as below:

AddColumns(
GroupBy(
AddColumns(ClientIntakeList_1, "NewOfficeField", Office_Name.Value), /* <- Add comma here */
"NewOfficeField",
"GPOffice"
),
"CountbyOffice",
CountRows(GPOffice)
)

If the issue still exists, please consider take a try to re-create a app on your side, and try above formula I provided again, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

That worked - Thank you!  I was missing that comma!

Hi @BobK @v-xida-msft 

I've made a pie chart from a choice column using your formula above (thank you so much for sharing that, was exactly what I needed!) However, I am looking to filter the data by another choice column in my SP list called 'Campaign'. 

Could you advise how to merge the 2 below together (if that's the right way of filtering by Campaign)? 

Current pie chart formula:

AddColumns(GroupBy(AddColumns(MilesChallenge,"TeamSumField", Team.Value), "TeamSumField", "TeamSum"), "TeamTotal", Sum(TeamSum,Miles))

Want to add:

(Filter(MilesChallenge,Campaign.Value = "Miles for Meals 2020")

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,168)