cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fraserdear
Advocate I
Advocate I

Pinned PowerBI Tiles - "The report shown in this tile doesn't exist or you don't have permission to view it"

I have four apps within our tenant all using PowerBI pinned dashboard tiles. 
These have been working correctly for the last 12 months without issue.

On Monday 1st at 18:00 GMT it was working correctly.  We noticed that on the 2nd of Feb by 10:00 all apps using pinned tiles were showing the same error.  

Users can access the Report URL from the PowerBI online service however the PowerApps embedded link fails to call the visual.

PinnedTileFail.jpg

Powerapps now gives an error message saying "The report shown in this tile doesn't exist or you don't have permission to view it"

The users have permission to view the workspace, report, dataset and dashboard. 

I've tried creating a new report and re-sharing newly created tiles but that also fails.

Has anything changed recently regarding pinning live pages and sharing permissions in powerapps?

I am an admin in the workspace and it is not working for me either.

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18
thomas_praxis
Frequent Visitor

@fraserdear thanks for sharing your experience.

Just FYI, I did submit a ticket yesterday to Microsoft support including a link to this thread.  Fingers crossed that resolution to this issue is escalated.

Title:

Environment: ****. Issue: error when adding Power BI tile in Power App. See thread.

Severity rating:

C

Expect response within:

8 business hours*

@thomas_praxis Thanks for the update.  Fingers crossed!

thomas_praxis
Frequent Visitor

Is it just me or does it look like the issue is resolved?

MadChemist
Helper I
Helper I

Not for me, still getting the same error, I will try refreshing and come back 😉

fraserdear
Advocate I
Advocate I

Still no communication from Microsoft on this issue and it is not resolved.

We have now lost a customer application completely due to the users not being able to operate and are using teams to deploy the reports due to the lack of information from Microsoft on resolution.  We can accept technical issues with timelines, we cannot accept silence on functionality outage after advising it would be fixed within 8 working hours then by Friday (last week).  It is now Tuesday, over 168 hours since this issue was reported and we have stopped getting any updates on our tickets with Microsoft and the issue is not resolved.

Please provide an update Microsoft!

Nickytvv
Helper II
Helper II

@fraserdear @MadChemist @thomas_praxis 

I just followed up with the Power Apps team and let them know the issue hasn't been solved. Hoping to hear from them soon.

thomas_praxis
Frequent Visitor

Sorry all, but for me personally, the issue has been resolved.  I checked back on Monday and my Power BI tiles started appearing.  I also m able to add new  Power BI tiles.

For those still having issues, have you tried re-adding your Power BI tiles?

I just got off a session with MS support.  I shared a link to this thread to let them know that although I am up and running the rest of the community is not.  I hope they get it resolved for everyone else quickly!

fraserdear
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi there all.  Last night I received an update to advise all public cloud access (i.e. not government tenants) have bee fixed.  

Checked this morning and all embedded tiles from PowerBI are now operational.

View solution in original post

MadChemist
Helper I
Helper I

I can confirm it works again for me 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,047)