cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fraserdear
Advocate I
Advocate I

Pinned PowerBI Tiles - "The report shown in this tile doesn't exist or you don't have permission to view it"

I have four apps within our tenant all using PowerBI pinned dashboard tiles. 
These have been working correctly for the last 12 months without issue.

On Monday 1st at 18:00 GMT it was working correctly.  We noticed that on the 2nd of Feb by 10:00 all apps using pinned tiles were showing the same error.  

Users can access the Report URL from the PowerBI online service however the PowerApps embedded link fails to call the visual.

PinnedTileFail.jpg

Powerapps now gives an error message saying "The report shown in this tile doesn't exist or you don't have permission to view it"

The users have permission to view the workspace, report, dataset and dashboard. 

I've tried creating a new report and re-sharing newly created tiles but that also fails.

Has anything changed recently regarding pinning live pages and sharing permissions in powerapps?

I am an admin in the workspace and it is not working for me either.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fraserdear
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi there all.  Last night I received an update to advise all public cloud access (i.e. not government tenants) have bee fixed.  

Checked this morning and all embedded tiles from PowerBI are now operational.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
VladM

I have exact same issue!

MadChemist
Helper I
Helper I

Exactly same issue here, popped up today....

madisonwiens

I have had the same issue, all our PowerApps with embedded PowerBI tiles are down as of yesterday (2/1) morning

LotteHarrijvan
Regular Visitor

Did anybody find a solution already? 

Nickytvv
Helper II
Helper II

Hi all,

I just spoke to someone of the Product Team and just wanted to let you know there was a regression on the Power BI embed service. The team is working on a fix and hoping to have it deployed by end of week.

@Nickytvv thanks for the update.  Such a coincidence that the first time it try the Power BI control (today) I get this error.  Has this bug happened before?  I'm reluctant to roll my app out to our company's leadership if this is unreliable. 

Please keep us posted!

mcjaydoggy
Regular Visitor

There are a couple threads going about this.  See my post where I found a temporary work around for those who can't wait for the fix.  Glad you were able to speak to the product team.  Wish more of us had that capability.  Need a real ticket system for support instead of just a community.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Power-BI-Tile-stopped-Working/m-p/816943/hig...

This is the link to my other post with the work around.  Hope it helps.

Thanks @mcjaydoggy, I did try the workaround.  I can get a report to display but you are presented with the Power BI sign in which for me defeats the whole purpose.  I may see if I can get a ticket submitted through O365 tenant Admin.

powerbi-powerapp-workaround-signin.png

Hi @thomas_praxis. Very bad luck!  We have been using this feature since its inception maybe three years ago and this issue has not happened before.  We had had 1 other similar issue where connection was lost but it was very early on in the platform development.  Generally this is a very robust way to deliver the PowerBI data to users.  

I think the challenge is as others have also pointed out, one simple error can bring the user confidence crashing down when used is business critical applications. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,124)