cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amersfoort
Regular Visitor

Play Power Automate generated mp3 file in Canvas app

Short: how to play a Power Automate generated mp3 file in a Canvas app?

Details:

I use Power Automate for the Azure Text-to-speech function. A canvas app calls the flow, which generates the speech result. Finally I send back the result of the speech function to the canvas app as a variable. How can I play this result with the Audio player in the canvas app? Do I have to convert this result to another format?

When I save the result of the speech function in power automate as One Drive mp3 file, I can play the mp3 with Windows media player using Windows 11. I do not intend to save the speech result as a mp3 file.

2 REPLIES 2
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Amersfoort ,

Could you please share more details of your flow? How did you generate the file? Where are you saving this file?

Anyway, below is a similar thread from this forum for your reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Playing-Audio-file-from-Sharepoint-site/td-p...

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Amersfoort
Regular Visitor

I have created a Powerapps custom connector to Azure Microsoft Speech. In Power Automate I use this connector for Text-to-speech. I wanted to upload this result to the Canvas app.

In the mean time I have figured out, that the result of this Speech step has to be converted twice; starting with the binary option, and finally with the base64 option. Now I can play the speech audio in the Canvas app.

Where can I find when to use which conversion option using files of different formats in Power Automate?

EDIT: Compose step is not necessary.

Power Automate.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,818)