I'm having a serious problem here. An app is working CORRECTLY in the IDE Preview, but showing errors on the iPhone and in the browser Player.
- Error 1: "An error occurred on the server..."
- There are certainly NOT 300 simultaneous sessions on this database.
- THIS IS ONLY OCCURRING ON MOBILE PHONE! Opening the app in the browser Player does not result in this error!
- Any ideas on this one?
- Error 2: The IDE Preview does NOT match the iPhone nor browser Player.
- In the Player (iPhone and Browser), the date shown is not rendering correctly (red block covering date).
- This date drives the color of the Gallery Items below it.
- Session ID: 52f65696-d98a-44b7-8d41-07cca344fddd; PowerApps 3.18114.16
- Choosing the same record using the IDE Preview; the date IS rendered correctly and the Gallery Items show up as they should.
- Session ID: 714bfb7f-2152-42a8-8f72-8b731c7bf9b4; PowerApps 3.18114.26
- Azure SQL backend
- App worked great in my tenant
- App is not working well after being exported from my tenant (United States) and imported into customers tenant (South Africa)
- App Settings Turned On:
- Delayed Load
- Use Non-blocking OnStart Rule
- Improved App Rendering
Thank you very much for the reply.
Has anyone else seen this type of behavior before? Any thoughts on this issue or @cwebb365's comments?
Is there a pattern (Lookup, Filter, etc.) that can cause issues with Galleries using Azure SQL as Items?
Hey Seadude, take a look at this article, came across it the other day, and will explain the looping (using lookup in gallery) and how it makes calls for each, and how you can get around it by collecting your data locally first into collections, then pointing your gallery and embeded lookup to use the local collection you create.
Hope this helps.
Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.
Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!
Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.
Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications
Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021