I'm having a serious problem here. An app is working CORRECTLY in the IDE Preview, but showing errors on the iPhone and in the browser Player.
- Error 1: "An error occurred on the server..."
- There are certainly NOT 300 simultaneous sessions on this database.
- THIS IS ONLY OCCURRING ON MOBILE PHONE! Opening the app in the browser Player does not result in this error!
- Any ideas on this one?
- Error 2: The IDE Preview does NOT match the iPhone nor browser Player.
- In the Player (iPhone and Browser), the date shown is not rendering correctly (red block covering date).
- This date drives the color of the Gallery Items below it.
- Session ID: 52f65696-d98a-44b7-8d41-07cca344fddd; PowerApps 3.18114.16
- Choosing the same record using the IDE Preview; the date IS rendered correctly and the Gallery Items show up as they should.
- Session ID: 714bfb7f-2152-42a8-8f72-8b731c7bf9b4; PowerApps 3.18114.26
- Azure SQL backend
- App worked great in my tenant
- App is not working well after being exported from my tenant (United States) and imported into customers tenant (South Africa)
- App Settings Turned On:
- Delayed Load
- Use Non-blocking OnStart Rule
- Improved App Rendering
Thank you very much for the reply.
Has anyone else seen this type of behavior before? Any thoughts on this issue or @cwebb365's comments?
Is there a pattern (Lookup, Filter, etc.) that can cause issues with Galleries using Azure SQL as Items?
Hey Seadude, take a look at this article, came across it the other day, and will explain the looping (using lookup in gallery) and how it makes calls for each, and how you can get around it by collecting your data locally first into collections, then pointing your gallery and embeded lookup to use the local collection you create.
Hope this helps.
This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.
Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.
At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.