cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Please Help - Power Apps Browse Gallery Images

I have a Documents Library.  I have a Power App that sends an image from the app to the Library, along with other items.  Everything works great, however....I can not see the Images in the Browse Gallery on mobile devices.  I can see it online just fine.  

I am not working with a List.  This is a Documents Library.  

Browse Gallery Setup in my Power App: 

CreatedDate - Text: ThisItem.Created

Picture - Text: ThisItem.'Link to item'

Documents Library Setup:

Name column (I did not make this.  I believe it is auto generated.). This column is where the file name which is an URL is being sent and saved via my Flow.  I think I read somewhere, that a column should 'Multiple text column' to have the image shown on a mobile device.  However, I can't figure out how to change the column type for the Name column. 

Then I have a few other regular columns. Which are good.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

I confirmed your issue on my end as well. Not sure if that's a bug, but 'Link to Item' will render in Studio, but not in mobile app.

ThisItem.Thumbnail.Large does seem to work in mobile. It should be sufficient for a smaller form factor like a phone, as well, for showing an image in a Gallery.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

I confirmed your issue on my end as well. Not sure if that's a bug, but 'Link to Item' will render in Studio, but not in mobile app.

ThisItem.Thumbnail.Large does seem to work in mobile. It should be sufficient for a smaller form factor like a phone, as well, for showing an image in a Gallery.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@Klewis ,

To add to this - please look at this post I did a little while ago.

It is quite easy to display images on mobile devices - you just need to do it a different way (which also works on PCs).

The issue is around the way that PowerApps (mobile app) resolves URLs anonymously, which means it will not resolve SharePoint URLs (strangely) even if the user is also logged into SharePoint. 

We display thousands of photos on iPads this way.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,914)