cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpeynado
Level: Powered On

Please help PowerApp Licensing

Hi there,

In my organization we started using PowerApps for customizing SharePoint Online lists forms. All the employees have the Office365 E1 and E3 License and we got several questions about the licensing. I am the only creator and  author for customizing all the forms and creating all the workflows (in Power Automate) and i need to use connection to SQL Server (premium feature) to integrate the systems with the form. So... my cuestion is, if i am the maker (and we dont need more) for all the customizations for the PowerApps (using PowerApps exclusively for SharePoint Online lists) all the rest of the company needs P1/P2 standalone license for PowerApps/Flow for consume this forms? (because if a use premium features i need a P1/P2). I found this in the community but is a little bit old post:

---

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Flow/Licensing-for-Premium-Connectors/m-p/72488 

@Ryan Stone, what @Brian Jackett says is incorrect. Only the maker has to get Flow plan 1/2. The rest of the company can use the Flow.

It's not the most straightforward messaging, but you only need P1 or P2 for the maker.

---

I need to clarify this and i dont find it in the Community. Thanks for the answer.

Cheers,

Jenny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft v-siky-msft
Microsoft

Re: Please help PowerApp Licensing

Hi @jpeynado ,

Generally, Users and makers only need an Office 365 plan that includes Power Apps to create or use SharePoint custom list forms(reference), if PowerApps is only accessing office365 data.

However if you need to use SQL server connection (premium), all users and makers will need standalone P1 license.(reference)

Best regards,

Sik

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Microsoft v-siky-msft
Microsoft

Hi @jpeynado ,

Generally, Users and makers only need an Office 365 plan that includes Power Apps to create or use SharePoint custom list forms(reference), if PowerApps is only accessing office365 data.

However if you need to use SQL server connection (premium), all users and makers will need standalone P1 license.(reference)

Best regards,

Sik

View solution in original post

jpeynado
Level: Powered On

Hi @v-siky-msft ,

I got a PowerApps plan 2 trial, i have created a SQL Server connection (premium) and the users can access the data from the datasource (using PowerApps for Office 365), i hear that it will work until Oct 2020 (a year after it became a premium connector) it's that correct?

Thanks,

Microsoft v-siky-msft
Microsoft

Hi @jpeynado 

Yes, currently it's in transition, they will continue to work.

Customers who have been using Power Apps with Office 365 using these connectors transited to be premium will receive a transition period before the connector reclassification goes into effect. This transition period would be until October 1, 2020 or the expiration of their current Office 365 subscription term, whichever is longer. During the transition period customers can continue to create additional apps and flows using these connectors.

Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/powerapps-flow-licensing-faq#how-does-the-chan... 

Bests regards,

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,945)