cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AchatesChen
Helper I
Helper I

Poor performance when patch whole collection to database

In my case (a quiz app), every time I need to submit tens or even 100 records to MySQL server, however, either using ForAll or Collect(database, collection), system is working per each row, so the speed is very slow. I even tried Flow, it also needs about 2s for each record. Is there any way can bulk insert row to database?

11 REPLIES 11

@adam-tobias 

Yes it can work for all datasources.  The primary key (id) has to be included in the records to make the patch work.  That’s what gives the method it’s magic.

Thanks for responding Matthew.

How would one insert new record(s) in the collection with the primary key (that being the SharePoint lD)? When I follow the steps in your blog post about the Attendance list example. Your example is great to show the time it takes with the two methods: Patch() only method vs. ForAll()+Patch() method. This example is performing both Patch() methods on existing SharePoint list items.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,951)