cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Pop-Up PowerApp Part Perplexing

Hi team,

something similar has been mentioned elsewhere,  by @alaugMSFT  and @v-yuxima-msft , but the issue here is very disconcerting.

Essentially, in our case the custom connector is setup as an app registration in Azure AD with an official Microsoft API, the Flow Service (Approvals.ManageAll, Approvals.ReadAll, User).

Everyone finds that the permissions PopUp in SharePoint( before the PowerApp runs in the PowerApp webpart) unacceptable it seems.  I wouldn't mind it myself but its the end users and it worries me.

Whats make it worse is that I'm using a Microsoft API in the custom connector, so it shouldn't need to PopUp like that and break the user experience.

My question is as follows, it was said that for a Custom Connector relying on Basic or OAuth authentication that the PopUp cannot be bypassed.  For API key authentication it can be, but it appears the MS FlowService API in Azure AD only supports OAuth authentication for the custom connector.

1) Is there any way to use an API key with it instead of OAuth? 

2) Or can I get around the pop up by configuring it to "Application Permissions" instead of "Delegated Permissions" in Azure AD? (incidentally "Applicaiton Permissions" is greyed out, unselectable for some reason so this is probably moot)

3) if I use only two of the three Flow Services(Approvals.ManageAll, Approvals.ReadAll) will that prevent the popup? 

4) Are there any other ways to bypass, it seems the PowerShell Set-AdminPowerAppApisToBypassConsent commandlet doesn't work for custom connectors

please advise and thank you very much for your assistance on this matter,

Evan

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Pop-Up PowerApp Part Perplexing

I'm hurting here, please help, somebody, anybody

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi,

Looking at this the customer connector will need to authenticate in some way, however I am not certain exactly how that would work to change it like you want. This might be a better question for Microsoft Support. I'll include a link below; if you would like to go down that route. Otherwise if any other members of the communities might know feel free to chime in.

If you would like to create a ticket with Microsoft Customer Support here is a link on how to do so: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Alex, 

thank you very much for your reply Alex,

I'm on a developer tenant, but the project is for a client who is migrating from on Prem to an Office365 E5 license through a Microsoft certified Gold Partner, but my work is all on my developer subscription and

I don't have access to customer support from my Developer Tenant it seems

I have a feeling Microsoft hasn't patched this horrible user experience / deal breaker like it did for the others using the Set-AdminPowerAppApisToBypassConsent  which won't work for custom connectors but I am still holding out hope

before I abandon the Flow Service API and just code directly to CDS

can anyone please chime in  @alaugMSFT  and @v-yuxima-msft ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,572)