cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
powernm
Frequent Visitor

Pop-up Display Form with information from a data table field

Hello All, I am making great progress creating my first app with Power Apps and I wanted to reach out for some help on one of the final pieces.  

I have a data table called 'UsrTbl' that contains information about users.  One of the columns in the table is called 'notes' and it contains a lot of text.  Rather than displaying this in the data table I want to create a pop up window that appears on the screen when a row is selected.

Right now I have a Display Form with the 'notes' field that is always on top of the screen and it contains "UsrTbl.selected".  Rather than always being present I want to make this a pop up only when a row is selected.  Is this possible with a form?  The tutorials I have come across are not using Forms and I don't see all of the options to follow along.

Any help to point me in the right direction is appreciated, thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@powernm 

The Visible property of the Form controls whether it is showing: true means showing and false means not showing.

Put this code in your App's OnStart property

Set(showPopUp,false)

Then put this code in the Visible property of your Form to control whether it should show or not

showPopUp

Include this code in the OnSelect property of the record being clicked on to make the form POP UP

Set(showPopUp,true)

Finally, include this code in the button or icon that closes the form

Set(showPopUp,false)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@powernm 

The Visible property of the Form controls whether it is showing: true means showing and false means not showing.

Put this code in your App's OnStart property

Set(showPopUp,false)

Then put this code in the Visible property of your Form to control whether it should show or not

showPopUp

Include this code in the OnSelect property of the record being clicked on to make the form POP UP

Set(showPopUp,true)

Finally, include this code in the button or icon that closes the form

Set(showPopUp,false)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

powernm
Frequent Visitor

@mdevaney This works.  Thank you so much for taking the time to answer this! It seems so simple after I followed your steps 🙂 

@powernm 

No problem at all.  The nice thing is you can re-use this skill over and over now that you've learned it to make many other apps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,791)