cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Pop up if Urgency selected is "High"

Hello.

I have built an IT ticketing system that uses PowerApps as the front-facing interface.

I have a drop-down with Items [" [Low]", " [Medium]", " [High]"]

This refers to the urgency of the issue the user is facing.

For "Reset" on this Urgency drop down I have Reset =  resetVar

The onSelect property of this Urgency drop-down looks like this If(Urgency.Selected.Value =" [High]", UpdateContext({l_Popup:true}))

This is working. Sort of. This is what should happen when "High" is selected:

tony_malek_0-1597170862746.png

This pops up. But not right away. When I select "High" from the Urgency drop-down this doesn't pop up as you'd expect. It's not until I click on the Urgency drop-down again with "High" already selected that it will trigger this pop up.

I'm pretty happy with how this is all running right now with the exception of that. My "OK" button in that pop-up is set to:

UpdateContext({ resetVar: true }); UpdateContext({ resetVar: false });
UpdateContext({l_Popup:false})

This is because I want the Urgency box to reset to no value again when they click OK. That works perfectly. I'm just not sure why the pop-up doesn't trigger as soon as High is selected from the drop-down. It's almost like it won't see that "High" is the selected value until it's clicked twice. Once to initially select it and then it's triggered as soon as you click the Urgency drop down again.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Pop up if Urgency selected is "High"

@tony_malek 

You might want to consider looking at this from another approach.  Instead of trying to set variable on the OnSelect (which will give you the partial results that you are looking for), instead ditch the variable and reference the control directly.

Also, to then use an acknowledgment variable to clear it.

Set the Visible property of your Pop Up to this : Urgency.Selected.Value = "High" && !Acknowledged

Then, set the OnSelect action of your "OK" button to this:  UpdateContext({Acknowledged:true})

This will result in a true statement when the dropdown is set to high and they have not acknowledged the OK button.

As an added way to "return" that process, I would then set the OnSelect action of the Urgency dropdown to the following: UpdateContext({Acknowledged:false})

That way if they select a different and then back to high, they will get the message again.  That's a design choice for you.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@tony_malek 

You might want to consider looking at this from another approach.  Instead of trying to set variable on the OnSelect (which will give you the partial results that you are looking for), instead ditch the variable and reference the control directly.

Also, to then use an acknowledgment variable to clear it.

Set the Visible property of your Pop Up to this : Urgency.Selected.Value = "High" && !Acknowledged

Then, set the OnSelect action of your "OK" button to this:  UpdateContext({Acknowledged:true})

This will result in a true statement when the dropdown is set to high and they have not acknowledged the OK button.

As an added way to "return" that process, I would then set the OnSelect action of the Urgency dropdown to the following: UpdateContext({Acknowledged:false})

That way if they select a different and then back to high, they will get the message again.  That's a design choice for you.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I've switched to Radio buttons. Now as soon as "High" is selected my pop up is triggered. I've removed the ResetVar too as if I don't it will just keep re-appearing every time a user genuinely wants to select a High priority option.

Highlighted

Thanks very much! I just seen this after implementing my other solution (just posted a minute ago). I'll look into yours as it seems a better way of doing it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,589)