cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FOC

Pop up linked to youtube

Anyone know how to make a popup linking to a URL, so only the specified URL pops up? Am using several popups connecting to specific URLs on the one screen. Easiest way was able to replicate this by making a dropdown list with a value to open the popup. But I want do this from the youtube url itself.

Example:

Youtube url is quite small on the screen page, and when clicked by mouse, OnSelect opens the popup with the enlarged youtube url.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FOC ,

So assume this App screen includes multiple Labels which is the popups you are referring to, there are also quite a lot Labels displaying information or URLs with small text size as well. If you would like to make app users click on an information Label to show the corresponding popup Label, you could set variables OnSelect of each information Label, for example YouTube URL Label:

UpdateContext({varYT:true})

Then set the Visible of the YouTube URL popup Label to:

varYT

Since all popups will need to be close(hide) , you could add a blank Label, set all variables to false OnSelect of it:

UpdateContext({varYT:false});
UpdateContext({varLabel1:false});
UpdateContext({varLabel2:false});

1.gif

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FOC ,

Could you please share more details about your scenario? Do you place URLs all together for user to choose and click? Or only one URL would be showing on the screen depending on some conditions?

If you have multiple URLs on different controls on one screen, one of them is the YouTube URL on a Label. You could navigate to the specific popup screen and create a context variable OnSelect of the Label.

Navigate(YTPopUp,ScreenTransition.Fade,{varYT:Self.Text})

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Thanks for getting back. Before I try your solution I used Pressed which works, but only while you click and hold the mouse. As soon as you lift the click on the mouse the URL disappears. Is there a function that can replace Pressed so when clicked the URL pops up? 

This is what I used:

If(PopUp1_Button2.Pressed=true,true,false)

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FOC ,

Where are you placing the formula? The formula you provided means if popup button is being pressed(clicking the mouse button and hold), return true value otherwise false value. This is why lifting the mouse button the URL disappears.

Basically, we use Navigate function to jump from screen to screen. In addition, we will be able to leverage DisplayMode property of any Controls to show or hide them. On your end, if you are using popup screens, Navigate function is necessary.

However, you will need to provide me details of the controls you are using in your App so that I could know if it is the proper solution.

Best regards,

Ethan_R
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @FOC ,

You can use Launch function to open URL in browser or mobile application. Ref: April Dunnam's YT  

Launch("https://www.youtube.com/") [WEB] or Launch("youtube://c/"&UserName) [Mobile App]

If you want to open as a pop up in your power app, then onSelect of dropdown. Update a variable to show pop-up window and use Media> Video Control and paste out your URL in quotes. 

Hope this helped.

Hey Ethen and Jeffer, Yeah I didn't want to open web pages, but also didn't want to navigate through multiple screens. Just wanted to keep this screen simple. 

Basically this is for staff training and support. It has info and links for staff while they are on calls with customer support. So am trying to bring popups that are simple to view the information they need in one screen rather than being re-directed onto new web pages. 

Hi @FOC ,

As i said, you can use Video control and connect it. Here's what I've did

I created 2 sample records with Name and URL

Records are shown in items property of Dropdown

Video control has Dropdown.selected.URL to browse to multiple videos on the same screen.

Ethan_R_0-1619152909443.png

Ethan_R_1-1619152977289.png

Hope this helps. 

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FOC ,

So assume this App screen includes multiple Labels which is the popups you are referring to, there are also quite a lot Labels displaying information or URLs with small text size as well. If you would like to make app users click on an information Label to show the corresponding popup Label, you could set variables OnSelect of each information Label, for example YouTube URL Label:

UpdateContext({varYT:true})

Then set the Visible of the YouTube URL popup Label to:

varYT

Since all popups will need to be close(hide) , you could add a blank Label, set all variables to false OnSelect of it:

UpdateContext({varYT:false});
UpdateContext({varLabel1:false});
UpdateContext({varLabel2:false});

1.gif

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FOC ,

Have you resolved the issue? 

If above post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (62,122)