cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
techtudoor
Resolver I
Resolver I

Populate ComboBox with users defined from SharePoint People Picker field

Hi everyone, I am stuck on this. I have been trying to get a combo box in my PowerApp Screen to show all users that have been picked in a people picker field in SharePoint.

An example is Employee1, Employee2, Employee8 & Employee22 have all been selected in a People Picker dropdown in PowerApps. This means that they have been assigned tasks and the rest of the Employees have not been assigned tasks. 

What I am hoping to do is, have a Combo Box that will only show the Employees that have been assigned tasks. I do not want to see Employees that have not been assigned tasks. 

Currently I have Choices(@'SPList'.TaskAssigned).DisplayName as the Default for this combo box. The combo box stays blank. I should note that the screen just has controls added. I manually connect controls to their appropriate data source if required. This Screen is only for management so they can view assigned tasks by employee.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
techtudoor
Resolver I
Resolver I

@mdevaney, thank you for the suggestion however, it did not populate the combo box. I did review the distinct syntax and was able to get it working with:

Items: Distinct([@'SPList'], TaskAssigned.DisplayName)

This worked exactly as I was hoping for. I just needed to revisit the PowerApps Formula Reference

Thank you for the suggestion

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@techtudoor 

Delete any code in the Default property of the ComboBox.

Then put this code in the DefaultSelectedItems property of the ComboBox.

ThisItem.TaskAssigned

Also, make sure the AllowMultipleSelections field is set to this code

true

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

techtudoor
Resolver I
Resolver I

@mdevaney, thank you for the suggestion however, it did not populate the combo box. I did review the distinct syntax and was able to get it working with:

Items: Distinct([@'SPList'], TaskAssigned.DisplayName)

This worked exactly as I was hoping for. I just needed to revisit the PowerApps Formula Reference

Thank you for the suggestion

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,502)