cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
degvalentine
Level 8

Re: Populate From and To Fields of Dynamics 365 Appointment in PowerApps

I also want to record Phone Call info from Flow with From/To. The Dynamics 365 Connector doesn't show ActivityParty as an option, but typing it directly works:

2019-07-23 15_50_10-Edit your flow _ Microsoft Flow.png

Although this thread is about PowerApps, others seemed to be searching for this solution, as I was when I came here.

EDIT: this DOES NOT work :_(

The 'Create' method does not support entities of type 'activityparty'.

Same error when trying through the CDS connector, too.

degvalentine
Level 8

Found something that does work, but it required some effort.

1. make an Azure Client App (you'll get a client ID and client secret)
  2. grant the app the "user_impersonation" permission for Dynamics CRM
  3. create a custom connector to implement the PATCH request
    1. use Oauth 2.0 as auth type
    2. use Azure Active Directory as identity provider
    3. use "https://{your-tenant}.crm.dynamics.com" as the resource URL

Seems like @Serf had a similar solution some months ago.

@dpelluru, I suspect the reason your From/To is being dropped when you add Regarding is because all of those links to other entities are all part of the same list (appointment_activity_parties in your case) and the list is being replaced.

You might look to @Serf's post for the syntax. But instead of setting a "BCC" relationship (participation mask type 4), you'll want to use these instead:

• type 1, Sender, is your "From"
  • type 2, ToRecipient, is your "To"
  • type 8 is Regarding

@adnansamuel, this is also your solution for phone calls.

See the full participation mask type reference for more options.

Good luck to those awaiting improvements to the Dynamics 365 Connector to support ActivityParty lists.

HSheild
Level 10

I know this is quite an old topic but I do have a work around to set the To and From fields on an activity.  Here is an example of what I have done for a Phone Call record from a Canvas Power App

• Add a new lookup field on the Phone Call record in CDS (Dynamics 365) which is a lookup to Contact
  • In a Canvas Power App, create a Phone Call record using the Patch function and set the new Contact lookup field
  • Once the Phone Call record is created in Dynamics 365, I used a Dynamics 365 Workflow to set either the Call From and Call To fields to the value from the new Contact lookup based on the Direction of the Phone Call.

A screenshot of the workflow is attached.  This method could also be applied to other activity types.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,232)