cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Populate Job Title, Department, etc based on user Full Name

Hi everyone,

I've created a form (please reference the attached image).

What I'm wanting the form to accomplish is, to enter a user's Full Name and then search for and populate their Email Address, Job Title and Department.

Or, to enter their Email Address, and populate their Full Name, Job Title and Department. 

I've added the O365 Users Connector and associated it with my form, so I have full access to all its functionality. I'm just not sure the best way to go about achieving this.

Thanks in advance!

13 REPLIES 13

Awesome. If you wouldn't mind marking my last post as the solution, that will help others with similar questions find the answer too :). 

RE: Names in AD in different orders: That is indeed tricky! 

- Hm.... I think you can try wrapping your search query with the `in` or `exactin` function

- This should allow searching for "Smith" to find "Smith, Betsy" and "Betsy Smith". 

- I'm not exactly sure how. You'll have to do some research there. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, @ericonline! Will definitely mark your above post as the answer. 🙂 

Brice235i
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Thank you, this worked as the default value for the Department field... 

First(Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm:NameDataCardValue.SearchText})).Department

dgarcia
Frequent Visitor

Will this work for company name as well?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,479)