Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
omi18
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Populate Manager Name

Hello,

I have a combo box containing a list of users. And I'm trying to get the manager's email for the selected person. What I'm missing from the below formula? 

Office365Users.ManagerV2(SelectBox.Selected.Result).mail

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Omi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@omi18 

Okay, then you'll need to do a double call to the 365 user connector.

With({_user: First(Office365Users.SearchUserV2({SearchTerm:SelectBox.Selected.Result, top:1).value)},

Office365Users.ManagerV2(_user.Mail).mail

)
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

Office365Users.ManagerV2(emailaddresshere).mail

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@omi18 

Depends...where are you putting this formula?

And what are the following properties of your combobox - Items, DefaultSelectedItems?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

@JR-BejeweledOne 

No, Person Name.

It needs an email address.

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

@RandyHayes ,

label text.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@omi18 

What is the items property of SelectBox?

@RandyHayes 

Distinct(SortByColumns(Filter('[database].[Desc]',Year=YearBox_1.Selected.Result).FullName,"FullName",Ascending),FullName)

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@omi18 

So your FullName column then is a text column in your datasource.  You have no column with the email of whoever is "fullname"?

@RandyHayes ,

Yes, It is a text column. and no email for a full name. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,171)