cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Populate SharePoint list column depending on button in app

I am new to PowerApps and I would appreciate a little push in the right direction.

I have a simple SharePoint list containing an optional text-column and I need to have this field filled in automatically depending on the click of a certain button in my canvas app.

Although the user shouldn't edit the text, I added a Form on the screen, and the DataCardValue shows correctly because I fill it using Set and a variable. Submitting the form also works fine. The problem is, the field remains empty in the new item in the SharePoint list. 

So the question is: how can I fill and submit the field correctly so that it shows in the SharePoint list?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Populate SharePoint list column depending on button in app

@Jaleukhoor 

Can you please compare my image below to your app?

Click on the DataCard highlighted in Blue and change the Update property highlighted in Red to DataCardValue12.Text.  Were you able to find the Update property now?  

img1.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Jaleukhoor 

The Update property of the DataCard controls what is submitted to the Sharepoint List.  Can you please share what code is being used within that property?

What do you mean by optional-text column?  Is this a single-line text or a Choices Sharepoint column type?

Your usage of the Set variable sounds fine to me at this moment.

---

Please click "Accept as Solution" if my response helped to solve your issue so that others may find it more quickly.  If your thought the post was helpful please give it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @mdevaney 
- the DataCard does not have property 'Update' available!
- the optional-text column is a single-line text

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Jaleukhoor 

Are looking at the DataCard or DataCardValue?  The DataCard is what groups together the star label, error message label, datacard value and datacard key.  Were you looking at DataCardValue?  Please post a screenshot if you still can't find it.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@mdevaney 
My DataCard does not have a star label or error message label, see attachment.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Jaleukhoor 

Can you please compare my image below to your app?

Click on the DataCard highlighted in Blue and change the Update property highlighted in Red to DataCardValue12.Text.  Were you able to find the Update property now?  

img1.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@mdevaney 

Thanks, I got it working because of your suggestion. The problem was that I had added the field as a View-field and I should have added it as an Edit-field. So I removed it and re-added it and the property "Update" suddenly appeared!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,791)