cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Populate Word Template without premium license.

My client has a word template that needs to be populated using PowerApps, but all the solutions that I found on internet are through the use of Power Automate and connector used is premium connector. My client does not agree to purchase license so what options do I have? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @unaseerb ,

You can populate a Word template using quick parts and a SharePoint library as per this link from Laura Rogers @WonderLaura .

It works quite well, but is quite a task as a “duplicate” library needs to be created to house the merge criteria fields.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @unaseerb ,

You can populate a Word template using quick parts and a SharePoint library as per this link from Laura Rogers @WonderLaura .

It works quite well, but is quite a task as a “duplicate” library needs to be created to house the merge criteria fields.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Hi @WarrenBelz 

Thanks for the link it works, now I am wondering how can I add repeating section in the word template and feed SharePoint list values in repeating section of word template. If you have any idea than please 

Hi @unaseerb ,

You cannot add a repeating section with the Quick a parts process. I believe it is possible with the Premium Word connector, but I have never needed to do it.

Hi @WarrenBelz 

Do you know how can I convert this generated word document into PDF format without a premium connector?

@unaseerb ,

If you save the merged Word file in OneDrive, there is a PDF conversion option in that connector.

Hi @WarrenBelz 

One last question, how can I add image in word template and populate it using SharePoint.

Hi @unaseerb ,

I can tell you with a fair amount of certainty that it is not possible with the Quick Parts process as I explored this a while back and ended using the Premium Connector (which is also a far less complex process) for embedding signatures in merged documents.

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,231)