Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sathish804
Frequent Visitor

Populate a Combobox with JSON array response from flow

Hi All,

Good day!!

I have a custom connector which resturns the AD roles in a JSON array. I created a flow to send this back to the power app.

sathish804_0-1635240693701.png

Now I am trying to create a variable to hold these values to populate them in a combo box like this

sathish804_1-1635240766549.png

But in Combobox when I am using the FetchedItems variable I am getting error that expected a table value.

sathish804_2-1635240841866.png

Please advise what I am doing wrong here.

Thanks and regards,

Sathish.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Figured it out!! Just made the collection like this 

ClearCollect(FetchedItems, FetchADRoles.Run().Value);

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AmeerJab
Resolver I
Resolver I

Can you check the datatype of the data your getting from power automate, as i think you're not getting a table type where i think that you're getting an array instead, mostly when i use custom connectors to get data as tables into power-apps the data should be in between {} not [].

I dont think it need {} because when I put the array directly to the set variable step its able to populate the combobox. But I want to do it with the service.

sathish804_0-1635249420996.png

Yes in power apps it does work, but what i meant by the {} is that the data populated from power automate isn't a table type for power apps, to make sure, you can create a test table and then add the data to the table, or set the value in a set method in power automate to check the data type

Sorry not sure on data type in power automate. I am just using response step to send the JSON array back to Power app.

sathish804_0-1635252164148.png

Hello,

so i was trying to remake your case here so please view below steps:

• I made an array that represent the AzureRoles you have

AmeerJab_0-1635254173307.png

• i had the same response value you have 

AmeerJab_1-1635254237680.png

• and below is the output in power apps

AmeerJab_2-1635254274805.png

try to get your array to be represented as above, maybe by putting the value of your data in an array variable and send it through the response 

Regards.

Figured it out!! Just made the collection like this 

ClearCollect(FetchedItems, FetchADRoles.Run().Value);

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,042)