cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnkebab

Populate a word template with multiple choices from a drop down

Hi All,

I have a Risk Assessment within an app that used drop downs - the data source is a SPO list with multiple choices allowed - I am trying to get all choices selected from the drop down in the app to be imported into the .doc.

Currently only the 1st choice is imported.  I have tried editing the flow and also using the concatenate function in the app, but this just repeats the 1st option 3 times:

i.e. the default is this:

Task1haz.Selected.Value, and I have also tried Concatenate(Task1haz.Selected.Value, Task1haz.Selected.Value, Task1haz.Selected.Value,)

t1h2.PNG

There is no option to use 'SelectedItems'.

appflow.PNG

In the power automate flow, I have tried using the same dynamic expression, repeated 3 times, but it has the same effect.

t1h.PNG

test.PNG

The data source is a SPO list which allows multiple selections

spo list.PNG

I'd love to know what I'm doing wrong - does a multiple choice drop down need to have multiple selections put into a collection before all the selections are processed?

Thanks for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @johnkebab ,

That is because .SelectedItems will return records, rather than text which is what the flow expects. Please use the Concat function as mentioned in my previous post to convert the records into text.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @johnkebab ,

Since you are using .Selected, only one item is returned. To return all selected items, use .SelectedItems.

You may want to combine that with a Concat function to convert the items to text, for example:

Concat(Task1rescons.SelectedItems, Value, "; ")

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.
johnkebab

Thanks @BCBuizer, the SelectedItems function just reds out for me:

itsms.PNG

BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @johnkebab ,

That is because .SelectedItems will return records, rather than text which is what the flow expects. Please use the Concat function as mentioned in my previous post to convert the records into text.

johnkebab

Thank you so much! This had me head scratching for days and worked straight off the bat, thanks very much for taking the time to reply @BCBuizer 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,085)