cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DonV
Frequent Visitor

Populate dropdown with all Fridays

Based on some reading in the forums, this doesn't seem possible but I'll ask anyway...

The simple version would be to populate a dropdown with ShortDate of all Fridays in this year. If I can solve that, I can solve the more complex version, which is:

Populate a dropdown of all Fridays between 90 days before current date and now.

Loops don't exist, and I don't think I can force fit ForAll for this use. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
goobernoodles Advocate III
Advocate III

Re: Populate dropdown with all Fridays

What data source?  If you're using SQL, this would be a job for a date table.

https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/4054/creating-a-date-dimension-or-calendar-table-in-sql-serve...

Since the table includes the weekday of any given date in the table, you can filter for fridays easily, right from PowerApps.  That said, you may be able to make life easier on yourself even further by creating dynamic views, based off of the date at execution.  I create a view that only shows dates for "this week" for example.  Creating a view that only pulls Fridays no older than 90 days is fairly simple:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
goobernoodles Advocate III
Advocate III

What data source?  If you're using SQL, this would be a job for a date table.

https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/4054/creating-a-date-dimension-or-calendar-table-in-sql-serve...

Since the table includes the weekday of any given date in the table, you can filter for fridays easily, right from PowerApps.  That said, you may be able to make life easier on yourself even further by creating dynamic views, based off of the date at execution.  I create a view that only shows dates for "this week" for example.  Creating a view that only pulls Fridays no older than 90 days is fairly simple:

View solution in original post

DonV
Frequent Visitor

It's for CDS but I guess the same applies. Never thought of this being a widespread practice but I guess it is.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,781)