kia ora.

I have two lists.

Source List

• Int Prog Code (field can contain more than one code) eg. TMPI503, BUSC401
  • Name eg. 'Basic Maths'

New list:

• Prog Code eg type 'BUSC401'
  • Name of Programme eg. returns 'Basic Maths'

I would like to be able to enter the prog code into the field and the 'name' is looked up and auto-populates the 'name' into the 'name of programme' field.

I have tried the following formula in New list, 'name of programme' Item.

Filter(source list, Int Prog Code = Prog Code) 

and other variations of this but can't seem to get it right. 

Nga mihi for your help 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gopala_Krishna
Super User
Super User

@GreenyTina 

I tried this on my end and it is working fine for me as expected. Below is my sample code. I created a collection to store the project code and name

Collect(test,{ProgCode:"ABC0012",Name:"Test"},{ProgCode:"ABC0013",Name:"Test1"})

Then I created two dropdowns namely Dropdown1 and Dropdown2. I set the items property of dropdown1 to progcode using the below formula on items property of the dropdown

test.ProgCode

Then on the items property of dropdown2 where I wanted to fetch names based on the project code selected I added the filter formula on the items property.

Filter(test,ProgCode = Dropdown1.Selected.ProgCode).Name

With this code I was able to fetch the name based on the code selected. Please try re-writing the formula as mentioned above and check if that helps with resolution.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if the information shared helps you, please consider giving a thumbs up 👍 and mark solution as resolved

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Gopala_Krishna
Super User
Super User

@GreenyTina 

I tried this on my end and it is working fine for me as expected. Below is my sample code. I created a collection to store the project code and name

Collect(test,{ProgCode:"ABC0012",Name:"Test"},{ProgCode:"ABC0013",Name:"Test1"})

Then I created two dropdowns namely Dropdown1 and Dropdown2. I set the items property of dropdown1 to progcode using the below formula on items property of the dropdown

test.ProgCode

Then on the items property of dropdown2 where I wanted to fetch names based on the project code selected I added the filter formula on the items property.

Filter(test,ProgCode = Dropdown1.Selected.ProgCode).Name

With this code I was able to fetch the name based on the code selected. Please try re-writing the formula as mentioned above and check if that helps with resolution.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if the information shared helps you, please consider giving a thumbs up 👍 and mark solution as resolved

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza Winner Announcement

Please join us on Wednesday, July 21st at 8a PDT. We will be announcing the Winners of the Demo Extravaganza!

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,732)