Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Populate status field based on dropdowns

Hi all,

I'm trying to populate a status field based on a series of drop down boxes. The status field itself is text.

I've tried the following but although it changes the status the first time - with issue selected. When the next question comes -Reportable issue, it doesn't change the text. 

If(DCV_IsIssue.Selected.Value = "Yes","In Progress issue accepted", DCV_IsIssue.Selected.Value = "No","Closed Not accepted", DVC_ReporatableIssue.Selected.Value = "No","Monitor - fix issue", DVC_ReporatableIssue.Selected.Value ="Yes","In Progress -Open Issue", DCV_CompleteRiskAssess.Selected.Value="Yes","In Progress - Risk Asessment")

I want to build my form up based on the status field. So certain field will show if in a particular status. (And there are more status fields still to come. 

Will really appreciate some direction, and a nudge in a better direction if I'm off track. 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Populate status field based on dropdowns

@Anonymous 

Your IF statement will stop executing after the 1st true condition.

If(
    DCV_IsIssue.Selected.Value = "Yes", "In Progress issue accepted",
    DCV_IsIssue.Selected.Value = "No", "Closed Not accepted",
    DVC_ReporatableIssue.Selected.Value = "No", "Monitor - fix issue", 
    DVC_ReporatableIssue.Selected.Value ="Yes", "In Progress -Open Issue", 
    DCV_CompleteRiskAssess.Selected.Value="Yes", "In Progress - Risk Asessment"
)

So my question is: aside from writing any code how do you want this to work?

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mdevaney,

I've given up on multiple forms - because that just gave me to much hassle. So my idea was to use the visible toggle to give the appearance of different forms. 

Step1 - the user fills in a form - sets status to logged

Step2 - The selected owner gets an email. Says yes on a dropdown which then makes the other fields appear. Saves the form

Step3 - The next person in line gets an email and goes to the form. This is where I'm stuck. 

I can get the fields to appear based on a drop down field but if I do it on the last dropdown field of the previous person it will already appear for that person. So I thought I would set the status on the last save and make the fields appear based on status. But running into the problem above. 

There will also be a step 4 and 5

Thanks for your help.....

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Anonymous 

I am super confused now and I don't know what you are wanting.  The original question seemed to be "how can a set a value based on some toggles".  I don't know how the additional info you gave me plays into the original question.

Can you please explain again from the start and provide a screenshot of your app to aid the question?  Thanks in advance.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up." 

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe I should go back to my original requirement. 

Step1 - the user fills in a form - There is a dropdown question DCV_IsIssue If this is yes, it will set the status of the item to issue logged

Step2 - The selected owner gets an email. Says yes on a dropdown which then makes the other fields appear. I want to use that same dropdown to now change the status to -  In Progress

Step3 - The next person in line gets an email and goes to the form. They would start with another dropdown that when selected will change the status to In Progress - Risk Assessment

My problem is, as you pointed out in your original response, that it only accepts the initial if statements and not the others. Is there a way around that? I have tried || and && but both of those just puts the word "value" in the status field. 

Thanks for helping me!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,999)