cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahohman
Helper II
Helper II

Populate text box if a dropdown field changes

I have a dropdown field (Yes/No).  If the dropdown is changed, regardless of what is selected, I want the user's name to appear in a text field.  I essentially want to show who changed the dropdown field.  That's it.  See attached screenshot.  Can someone please help?  

Thanks in advance.

ahohman_0-1612474118968.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-albai-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ahohman ,

You can use a variable to judge if someone change the dropdown. I have done a test in my side, you can refer to my steps:

1. Set OnChange property of your dropdown field to:

Set(var1,1)

2. Set Text property of your text field to:

If(var1=1,User().FullName)

3. Add another action in the OnSelect property of your Submit button, I just have a simple test below, so there is only one action inside my submit button(this action will clear the value of variable when after user submit his information):

Set(var1,Blank())​

v-albai-msft_0-1612493224348.png

Best Regards,

Allen

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-albai-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ahohman ,

You can use a variable to judge if someone change the dropdown. I have done a test in my side, you can refer to my steps:

1. Set OnChange property of your dropdown field to:

Set(var1,1)

2. Set Text property of your text field to:

If(var1=1,User().FullName)

3. Add another action in the OnSelect property of your Submit button, I just have a simple test below, so there is only one action inside my submit button(this action will clear the value of variable when after user submit his information):

Set(var1,Blank())​

v-albai-msft_0-1612493224348.png

Best Regards,

Allen

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,224)