cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arc_gts
Regular Visitor

Populating a drop-down using @PowerBIIntegration.Data limited to record selected in PBI report

I'm trying to create a Power Apps visual in a Power BI report that allows sales directors to reassign leads to sales reps using a drop-down menu. (There are default assignments made in a source system, but there are occasional exceptions and some leads go unassigned.) I'd like to allow any director using the report to select a record and pick a sales rep from the list. This will write a record to a SharePoint list, a view of which will then feed back into the PBI report and surface as the assigned sales rep the next time the model refreshes.

I created a new app from PBI service and added the unique key value for the lead record, the name of the record, and the rep currently assigned. Allowed Values for the drop-down is set to [@PowerBIIntegration].Data.rep_name. The problem is that if I'm selecting a single record (or using a slicer to filter down to a subset of records), my only option in the drop-down will be the sales rep already assigned to the lead.

Is there a way to get around this so it will list the entire list of values for rep_name instead of just the selection or slicer-filtered results?

2 REPLIES 2
StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @arc_gts 

Set the Items property of Rep Dropdown to 

Distinct(SPList, RepColumnName)

We can also replace the dropdown to Combobox if the Rep is Person Type in Sharepoint. So that we can leverage personal properties like email, display name. 

Thanks,
Stalin - Learn To Illuminate

arc_gts
Regular Visitor

Thanks @StalinPonnusamy , but unfortunatley the SP list doesn't necessarily contain all of the rep names; names will be added to the SP list as leads are reassigned, so a rep who hasn't had any leads reassigned to them won't appear on the SP list. I was trying to use the PBI data integration as the data source but needed to find a way around the slicers / filters / record selection limiting which rep names were listed.

Ultimately I ended up acquiring the rep names from Teradata (one of the tables used as a data source in the Power BI report) as a new (third) data source as a workaround. It's somewhat less elegant than I had hoped (it still seems like there should be a way to use the PBI integration rather than adding a third data source), but it works for my purposes.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,301)